Waterfront Park & City Dock
The physical address of the park is 301 Shannon Drive SE, Bainbridge Island, WA.
We have openings for dock and kiosk hosts. The Harbormaster needs your help in greeting boaters and visitors to the Eagle Harbor Waterfront Park. If you enjoy an active boating community, the outdoors, and meeting new people, this volunteer opportunity is for you. Contact Harbormaster Tami Allen at 206-780-3733 or email.
Waterfront Park is one of the most popular civic and social gathering places for island residents and visitors. It welcomes annual festivals, summer performances, special events, picnics, music performances, and more. It provides sunny lawn areas for play and relaxation and easy access to the water's edge for boating and tranquil views of Eagle Harbor.
The 5.5-acre park also supports a children's play area. Waterfront Park is bordered by the downtown area featuring a wide range of restaurants, businesses and retail stores within walking distance.
Waterfront Park is open for day use only and is located on Eagle Harbor off Brien Drive (across from the Senior Community Center).
The 900-foot city dock is directly south of Waterfront Park. It is open year-round and is first-come, first-served. The city dock offers guest moorage for vessels up to 70 feet. Please contact Harbormaster Tami Allen at 206-780-3733 (or the phone number at the bottom of your receipt) with any questions.
For special event dock reservations, please complete a $100 nonrefundable Dock Use Permit application (PDF). Contact the Harbormaster with any questions at 206-780-3733.
Boater fees are due upon arrival at the pay station behind the kiosk. Group launch, annual passes and cash transactions can be purchased at City Hall, 280 Madison Avenue N, 8 a.m. to 4.pm. Monday- Friday. Fees are as follows:
- Boat Ramp with Boat Trailer Parking - $8 per day, $80 per year
- Hand Launch with Car Parking- $5 per day
- Day Use Dinghy Dock, Launch, Pump-Out - Free
- Boat Dock Mooring Fee - 0 to 3 hours - $0.10 per foot
- Boat Dock Mooring Fee - 24 hours - $0.50 per foot
- Boat Dock Utility Fees (Water/Electrical 30 Amp and 50 Amp) - $5/day
- Group Launch - $20 per day
Reminder for Boaters
- Eagle Harbor is a 5-knot, no-wake zone beginning at the U.S. Coast Guard Green Number 5 Can. Float planes are asked to land and take off outside the Number 5.
- Moorage is first-come, first-served and vessels should prepare to raft. There are 900 linear feet of moorage at the dock and 80 feet of load and unload access (yellow whalers).
- Motoring is not allowed in the Aquatic Conservancy at the far west end of the inner harbor.
- Public anchoring is permitted west of the Washington State Ferry (WSF) repair facility, 200 feet south of marinas and east of the private tidelands at the entrance to the inner harbor, and not to hazard other vessels. Please register at the pay station behind the kiosk.
- Vessels should prepare to raft at the City dock. Dinghy tie-up is free and only on the northwest section of the dock.
- There is a federal Regulated Navigation Area (PDF) (No Anchor) in Eagle Harbor.
- The pump out dock is on the southwest section identified by yellow whalers and is for pumping out only.
- Transient (48 hours) anchoring is allowed in the Open Water Anchoring and Mooring Area.
- We prohibit discharge of any kind. Free showers are included in your moorage and the shower code can be found at the bottom of your receipt. Contact the Harbormaster or volunteer dock host for questions concerning access to the showers.
- There is 30-amp and 50-amp power for $5/day. These pedestals will measure your stray current and service will cease at the upland power source if 30 milliamps of stray current are measured (2018 regulations).
How to Purchase a Boat-Trailer Annual Placard
If you use the boat-trailer parking often at the daily rate of $8, you may want to consider an annual parking placard. The placard costs $80 and can be used daily for parking your boat-trailer combo while your boat is in the water.
These placards are valid January 1, 2019, through December 31, 2019. Boat-trailer stalls are reserved for you daily near the ramp as well as weekends and holidays at the indicated areas of Bjune Drive.
Your placard will eliminate the need to complete a fee payment each time you park. Observe the following options.
- Option 1: Pay with a credit card by calling 206-780-8591 or visiting the cashier at City Hall, 280 Madison Avenue N, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. We will issue you a placard over the counter. Be sure to have your vehicle license information for up to two vehicles.
- Option 2: Mail a check or pay in person for $80 to the cashier at City Hall, 280 Madison Avenue N, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. Include your vehicle license information for up to two vehicles. We will mail your placard or provide you a copy in person.