The Bainbridge Island Municipal Court accepts passport applications Wednesday through Friday from 8:20 a.m. to 2:40 p.m., by appointment only. 

The Court is located at 10255 NE Valley Road, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. Click here for Directions.

Each appointment is allotted 20 minutes. We offer convenient online scheduling (at the bottom of this page) to set up your appointment. Please be on time for your appointment or it will need to be rescheduled.  

Please bring your checkbook - you will need at least two checks. A SEPARATE CHECK/MONEY ORDER IS NEEDED FOR EACH APPLICATION. 

For your convenience, we have attached the following Instruction Sheet (PDF) to make sure you have all necessary items prior to your appointment. Please make sure to click on and review this instruction sheet prior to your appointment.  Your appointment may have to be rescheduled if you appear without the required items.

Passport Forms & Information

Passport forms can be obtained in person from the Bainbridge Island Municipal Court, by following the form links below, or online at the U.S. Department of State - Consular Affairs Travel website

The following information may help you in deciding which application form to use:

Passport Application DS-11: (Form DS-11) Use this form if:

  • This is the first time you are applying for a passport
  • You are renewing a passport that has been expired more than 5 years
  • You were younger than 16 when your last passport was issued.
  • You are applying for a child under the age of 16 even if they have had previous passport.

Renewal by Mail Application DS-82: (Form DS-82) Use this form if:

  • You are renewing a passport that has expired less than five years ago and your passport:
  • Can be submitted with your application
  • Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)

You do not need to schedule a passport appointment if you are renewing your passport using a Form DS-82. You will mail the DS-82 application and accompanying documents directly to the Passport Agency. 

If you are eligible to do the Form DS-82 (described above), but prefer “personalized service,” the Court can assist you in processing your renewal for a passport, but you must use Form DS-11 and will need pay the additional $35 court processing fee (per application). Please do not complete the Renewal by Mail Form DS-82. The court can not process renew by mail DS-82 forms.


Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child's passport. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to go with the child in person to apply for the passport. If one parent is not able to attend the appointment, a Statement of Consent Form 3053 (PDF) needs to be completed by the parent that is unable to appear. At least one parent needs to be present for the appointment or the child’s passport application can not be processed.  The child must also be present for the appointment.

Special requirements apply to applications for minors under 16 and applications for minors 16 and 17.


Walgreens, Nick Felkey Photography, UPS Store, Walmart and Costco offer passport photos. We do not recommend Rite Aid due to the inconsistent quality of their photos.  Photos must be less than 6 months old. 

Please See Photo Requirements

For additional information please visit U.S. Department of State - Consular Affairs Travel website.

We look forward to assisting you with your passport application.