Helpline Social Work Services provide preventative and responsive assessment, referral, and support services for Bainbridge Island residents during emotional and/or financial crises. These activities support the goal of helping people find stability in their lives by connecting them to programs through referrals and assisting in application completion. Additionally, the program helps people identify life changes that may contribute to gaining stability.
Services may include:
- Active coordination of services with Kitsap Mental Health (KMH), Kitsap Community Resources (KCR), Housing Solutions, Bremerton Housing Authority (BHA), Housing Kitsap, Housing Resources Bainbridge (HRB), Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) , Social Security, YWCA A.L.I.V.E Program.
- Daily support for our agency’s food bank volunteers, who work with people experiencing serious mental illness and a variety of crises related to poverty.
- Outreach to food bank users, including seniors and families with children, to assess for a variety of program eligibility that can contribute to stabilize the household financially or emotionally.
- Mental health counseling, support groups, and workshops.
- Provide social work staff at local Medicare Open Enrollment Workshops presented by State Health Insurance Benefit Advisors (SHIBA).
- Scholarship assessment for local child care agencies, Boys and Girls Club, the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Parks and Recreation Department, and youth sports clubs.
- Assessment and referral services for regional veterans within North Kitsap County.