Did you know that the "BOATER'S FAIR" was started by Grant Winther and the wonderful volunteers of the USCG Auxiliary Flotilla 4-8 close to 20 years ago to emphasize boating safety. Come say Hello to Grant and consider joining the Auxiliary. Flotilla 4-8 meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Eagle Harbor Congregational Church. It is located at the corner of Winslow Way and Madison streets. The public is always welcome.
Find Out What's on Deck at the Boater's Fair!
- Join the Coast Guard Auxiliary boating safety booths to learn knot-tying, cruise planning, vessel inspections and kids activities.
- Small Boat Auction and Nautical Swap Meet.
- Sailors! bring your old sails to donate to the RESAIL Project.
- Join Bainbridge Island Rowing for a free hands-on preview of the exciting sport of rowing!
- Discover SCUBA and Kayaking with Exotic Aquatics.
- Learn to rig with the best high school sailors we've got!
- Meet the board of the Poulsbo Maritime Museum to hear about their project.
- Learn about all the BIPRD Aquatic Programs on Bainbridge Island.
- Meet your local Ham Radio club.
- Come aboard a 45' Coast Guard Cutter and watch a live Helicopter rescue!
- Try your handle at the heaving lines and haul away with Kitsap Maritime Heritage Foundation.
- Visit the Bainbridge Island Police Department's 33' safe boat "Marine 8" and welcome her little sister, "Marine 11."
- Come aboard the 26' Suquamish Tribe Fisheries boat and meet the dive team.
- Meet City staff and get the latest on the City dock improvements, marine water quality and volunteer programs.
- Pick up a Kitsap Water Trails map and learn about the "Paddle Bainbridge" event.
- Get your clean boater swag from Washington Sea Grant.
- After all that paddling make sure to soothe those paddling shoulders with a free chair massage from Living Well.