OpenGov© - Financial Transparency Portal
The City of Bainbridge Island is committed to financial transparency. In this spirit, the City has developed this Financial Transparency Portal to give you, the City of Bainbridge Island stakeholder, a transparent view of the investment of fundingin the delivery of outstanding public programs and services. The Transparency Portal provides one-stop for your financial data needs including data analysis/graphing functionality and comprehensive portable document format (PDF) publications.
Powered by OpenGov©, this tool provides user-friendly access to the City's financial data. This financial transparency tool provides employees and residents with the ability to see the City's current budget as well as four (4) prior years of revenues and expenses. To learn how to use the tool, review the OpenGov© How-To Guide, or use the Help Menu within the tool for further explanation.
In addition, here is some information specific to the City of Bainbridge Island:
- The City of Bainbridge Island’s main fund is its General Fund. Most of its expenses come from that fund.
- Some expenditures or revenues do not track year to year. For example, there may be an expenditure for a specific item or project in 2010 that the City no longer uses. These expenditure categories will be visible for the years in which they were encountered. After that, they will zero out.
- A "Proprietary Fund" at the City is one of the three utilities or Building/Development Services Fund. This is a fund that the City uses to pay for specific items.
- A "Governmental Fund" is where the general governmental revenues and expenditures show. Here you will find the General Fund, the Special Revenue Funds (for example, Real Estate Excise Tax (REET), the Civic Improvement Fund, and the Street Fund), the Capital Construction Fund, and Debt Service Funds.
- The data is solely for the City of Bainbridge Island and does not include financial data from any outside special districts, such as the Bainbridge Metropolitan Parks and Recreation District, the Bainbridge Island Fire Department, or the Bainbridge Island School District.
This data should be used for informational purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the reports and data provided; nevertheless,some information may not be accurate. The City of Bainbridge Island assumes no responsibility arising from use of this information.